On September 19th, 2021 the IAU Executive Council had its 5th virtual meeting in 2021. There were several points discussed over the productive two and a half hour meeting. Below you can see main points from discussion and actions steps taken after the meeting in last weeks. There were number of announcements following the discussion that were published on IAU website.
The meeting opened with the IAU Directors report from respective areas of responsibilities and a synopsis of the current Covid-19 situation in their individual countries and regions. These all affect the levels of competition both nationally and internationally.
With this background the key topics discussed were
- Director of Technical Operations Report – IAU World Records announcement followed by Statement regarding the IAU Records
- Director of Communications Report
- Director of Competition Report - further continental bid announcements 2020
- Director of Marketing and Global Development Report
- Medical Committee Meeting Report – already published
- Cooperation with World Master Athletics – ongoing discussions
- Championships updates – a number of announcements already published, please see below
The next IAU Council meeting will take place mid-November
IAU Executive Council
November 3rd, 2021