We completed the nomination process as well as vetting process. Therefore, we are publishing final list of nominated athletes.
- Jeff Campbell (CAN) – trail (2023 WMTRC in Austria)
- Corrina Black (AUS) – 100 km (2022 IAU 100 km WC in Germany)
- Aleksandr Sorokin (LTU) – 24H (2022 IAU 24H EC in Italy) – moving to elections
- Torbjörn Gyllebring (SWE) – 24H (2022 IAU 24H EC in Italy) – moving to elections
- Patrycja Bereznowska (POL) – 24H (2022 IAU 24H EC in Italy) – moving to elections.
From the above list two candidates, Corrina Black (AUS) and Jeff Campbell (CAN) will be automatically granted membership position of the Athletes Commission as there were no other candidates from respective regions.
As we have 3 candidates from Europe, we will run elections for 2 positions. As described below the election will take place during IAU 24H World Championships in Taipei. This mean that the candidate can now enter campaign step in the process that will end on November 29th. They have to follow the rules mentioned in our election documentation that is provided in the link above.
The remining position will be nominated by IAU Councill as described in the election document.
The timelines for all steps are provided below.
- Nomination by Member Federations from June 1st till 14th September 2023 - completed.
- Vetting from 15th September till 17th September 2023 - completed
- Candidates campaign starts from 18th September till 29th November 2023
- Elections on 30th November 2023 in Taipei during 2023 IAU 24H WC
- Council election approval from 2nd December till 14th December
- Publication of the final list of IAU Athletes Commission members on December 15th 2023
- Appointment period 2024 – 2028
- Next election 2028
On behalf of Athlete Commission
IAU Director of Communication