Second Virtual IAU Executive Council Meeting – June 20th 2021
On June 20th, 2021 the IAU Executive Council elected for the period 2021-2025 met for the second time this month in a virtual meeting. There were several points discussed over the productive three-hour meeting.
The IAU President, Nadeem Khan started with welcome and opening remarks related to recent changes for several Member Federation due to elections that took place in first half of 2021.
The main objective for the first meeting was to follow up on the first call that took place on June 5th and remaining agenda points from that meeting that needed further discussion.
As mentioned above there were several topics discussed and below you can read some of the highlights from the discussions:
- Covid cases and vaccination on global scale and impact on the IAU Major Events
- Further work on the IAU Committees to support IAU activities
- Update on Championships, mainly 2021
- Communication report and further development
- Technical Education
- World Best Performances (WBPs)
- Labelling process further development to address demand
The next IAU Council meeting will take place in next 4-5 weeks’ time
IAU Executive Council
June 24th, 2021