On August 14th, 2021 the IAU Executive Council has another virtual meeting. There were several points discussed over the productive two hour meeting.
The meeting opened with the Executive Committee members giving a synopsis of the current Covid-19 situation in their individual countries and regions. These all affect the levels of competition both nationally and internationally.
With this background the key topics discussed were
- Final stage of IAU Committees formation including Committees Membership Ratification
- Championships Project Coordinators and Technical Delegates – further role development
- Banking update and Expenses Policy
- Communication development
- IAU Expansion project
- Championships update
- Further IAU area development
- Postponement of the 2021 World Mountain and Trail Running Championships already announced
The next IAU Council meeting will take place in next 5-6 weeks’ time
IAU Executive Council
September 19th, 2021