On January 29th, 2023 the IAU Executive Council (EC) had its first virtual meeting in 2023. This was the opening meeting for current year. We continue our practice to have s regular virtual meetings to discuss our goals and plans for the year and beyond.
There were several points discussed during the productive two and a half hour meeting with focus on upcoming championships and further development on our sport and organization globally. Below you can see the main points from discussion.
The meeting opened with short updates around the table from all IAU Council members on situation in countries and regions. It was followed by EC updates on respective fields
- Goals and Aspirations
- Area Associations
- Financial update
- Joint meeting between WA, IAU, WMRA, iTRA in Jan 2023
- Committees’ activities and updates (records, technical, labelling, communication, Athletes Commission)
- WMTR Championships 2022 - 2025
- IAU Championships updates
- Midterm 2023 congress in Taiwan.
The next IAU Council meeting will take place in next 5-7 weeks
IAU Executive Council
February 1st, 2023